- Type of Property: Residential - accessible or modified
- Subsidies: Not Subsidized, Co-op
- Accessibility Features: Adapted kitchen, Adapted bathroom (tub and grab bar), Caregivers room, Ceiling track lift, Hard surface flooring (laminate or tile or linoleum), Laundry room (raised washer/dryer with front mounted controls), Level or ramped access, Lever handled fixtures (door and faucet fixtures), No step entrance, Parking (accessible off street parking), Parking (accessible unrestricted on street parking), Switches and controls (mounted 400-1200mm above the floor), Wider doorways (minimum 860mm width)
- Street: esquimalt
- City: esquimalt
- Province: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Postal Code: V9A 4M7
- Listed: January 30, 2020 6:12 pm
- Expires: 69 days, 4 hours
He uses a power chair and has a cognitive disability.
His family owns a ~2500 sq foot 4 bedroom fully accessible house, and currently he lives there with his parents, and has support staff that come in every day. There is also a basement suite downstairs that could potentially house 2 people who are more mobile.
The folks are getting older and are interested in moving to a condo.
The family aren’t interested in a group home, so we have an idea and wonder if other families might be interested. We could use this opportunity to create a sweet little community.
We would like to convert the house to have 3 people who use wheelchairs share the upstairs, and share staff, to create efficiencies and foster a community.