- Type of Property: Apartment
- Subsidies: Not Subsidized
- Accessibility Features: Adapted kitchen, Adapted bathroom (wheel in shower), Automatic door opener, Ceiling track lift, Hard surface flooring (laminate or tile or linoleum), Laundry room (raised washer/dryer with front mounted controls), Level or ramped access, No step entrance, Parking (accessible off street parking), Residential elevator access, Secondary accessible exit
- Street: 202-1483 Lamey's Mill Rd
- City: Vancouver
- Province: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Postal Code: V6H 3Y7
- Listed: December 23, 2017 1:40 am
- Expires: 26 days, 5 hours
EXCELLENT LOCATION! GRANVILLE ISLAND
Creekview Housing Co-op has two rental vacancies in its wheelchair accessible, specially-designed accessible rental unit located in a housing co-operative of over 100 suites. Unit 202 offers a home-like, communal-based living opportunity in the heart of Granville Island.
Unit 202 is a 5000 sq. ft. apartment designed to accommodate six wheelchair- dependent adults. Residents have the privacy of their own large room and share common living facilities (accessible kitchen, two bathrooms, dining and living rooms, balconies, and guest rooms).
Located right at the entrance to Granville Island, the location offers easy access to the island itself, the seawall, and accessible public transit (two bus stops, heading north into downtown Vancouver and south, down Cambie Street, are located in the block next to our building). An accessible pathway leads directly from Unit 202 and links to the seawall and entrances to Granville Island.
Residents of Unit 202 are not members of the housing co-op. The co-op does have a committee that oversees maintenance requirements and other issues that arise in the unit. There are no staff for the housing unit, therefore if care is required, the resident will need to set up their own home care on an individual basis.
Those interested are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be able to live independently.
For further information or an application form, email Creekview202@gmail.com.
Available: February 1st (until filled).